Monday, July 22, 2013

CURATING, CONTINUED

 
Yes, the curating continues.  Yes, just a bit of the excitement has worn off.  Yes, you're right, it has turned into work.  And, no, BC is not terribly taken with my project.  "But, I won't be able to find things now," he has sadly stated.  I have assured him that everything I've taken from the shelves will be returned, perhaps to a slightly different location, but certainly back on the same set of shelves from whence they came.  He is not consoled.  He is a creature of habit.  His comfort zone has been violated. 

 He does not like to step around carefully curated stacks of books.
 
 
He does not like flat items on the floor that make it impossible to get wherever it is he needs to go. 
 
 
Even I, who thought up this project and consider it a bare beginning to the changes I will create within this home, have a certain Alice in Wonderland, down the rabbit hole, feeling as I sit and survey the world around me.
  
 
And, just like Alice, the world around me is appearing bigger and bigger.  I think it's time for a cookie.

No comments: