Monday, April 7, 2014

QUIZONY--GO AWAY

I have, unfortunately, sunk to a new low.  Facebook--despite the fact that I really have nothing good to say about Facebook--has, along with Quizony.com, sucked me into their web of silly questions that promise to confirm for me exactly who and what I am...something, as you know, I have been trying to figure out for years.  A few days ago, it was color.  I turned out to be a Yellow which means I am a bit cautious, but I can be convinced to take advantage of the right opportunities to break out of my mold.  And (just to add a bit of dash and excitement to that bland analysis) I'm assured that "just when my friends think I am very predictable, I will surprise them."  Surprise!!

This morning, BC, having left early for a fishing trip, meant our house was unnaturally quiet and the shades were still drawn.  I looked around, then checked into Facebook.  There it was, tucked quietly between a really nice photo of our grand-dog and his kitty friend and the "Best kept weight-loss secret ever," reminding me of the serpent coiled around the tree whispering to Eve.  In my case asking, "What Animal are You?"  Really, I mean who cares, but then, it might be interesting to know.  It could be a breakthrough.

And, just like Eve, I weakened. I studied the first question:  "How fit are you?"  Not too bad, thank you for asking. I moved onto the next:  "Which of these appeals to you most?"  Holy Cow!  Those choices are not designed for an older woman.  "How would you prefer to travel?"  You can be sure it's not by "aeroplane." And on and on and on.  "What's a man's role when it comes to children?" Oh, those were great answers but, just in case someone was hacking in, I couldn't bring myself to choose the one I really wanted.  Finally--drum roll--I answered #10.  It was time to unveil my future.  And, the answer?  A Beaver.  A Beaver?!? Why would they even include a Beaver in this test.

I suppose, in an effort to make a Beaver feel better about being a Beaver, Quizony describes them as Creative, Practical, Well Organized, and occasionally known to break out of their routine. I guess that should make me feel a little better because I'd always thought Beavers were simply large rodents who swam well but were mean as dirt.  Apparently, I underestimated them.

No comments: