Thursday, October 20, 2011

KANSAS COLORS...SORT OF

While there is no way a person would ever mistake Kansas in the fall for New England, it was still impressive to see the colors that did exist in north-central Kansas...Concordia, to be specific.  The leaves were falling like rain when we arrived, and I always love to see them nearly covering the green grass.

I know...it's a bit of a messy scene, but I thought it looked atmospheric.  Especially as compared to our rock yard in SCG which doesn't change much with the seasons.  Besides, those aren't my leaves and I don't have to rake them.

The trouble with Kansas is that many of the leaves turn brown and drop before they make it to  red or yellow. That's how you know you're in Kansas...well, that, and hellish wind every day. 

I've always loved this house in Concordia and was excited that it was particularly leafy.

Up close and personal.  Fall is gorgeous and this is about as good as it gets in the Jayhawk State. 

No comments: