Friday, September 20, 2013

GOOGLE AND ME

Dear Everyone--

BC had a meeting this afternoon so, in lieu of cleaning house, I decided to Google myself.  I'm sure people do this from time to time...at least I hope so, as I would hate to be seen as either narcissistic or slightly off balance.  In my case, Google-ing led to:

A:  The discovery that I'm not unique, in that I'm not the only Margie Staggs in the huge world of Google.

B:  Numerous others who have shared my name have already gone before.  In other words, they have died and are buried in Ohio, Tennessee, and other such states.  It is a little spooky when you first notice on Google that you may be dead.  Also, I learned that there is a web-site called "findagrave.com",   followed shortly by "billiongraves.com".  There may be more, but two were enough.

C:  For a moment I thought a Margie Staggs might have placed some recipes on Food.com, but the page turned out to be blank.  Apparently, Margie had aspirations of being a foodista, but lost her nerve at the last moment.  I had planned to borrow her recipes and claim them as my own if they were good, but it was not to be.

D:  Another Margie Staggs, I think from Georgia, has cleaned her closet and is selling select items on "poshmark.com".  They were?  Well, the headliner is a Coach Bag (black on black with the Big C's).  Apparently, she too read the Wall Street Journal article regarding their gauche-ness, and decided to sell while the selling was still good.  I, by contrast, am still carrying mine.

E:  Someone who also carries my name is on Linked In.  I would like to be on Linked In, but I'm having a terrible time finding a profession I could claim.  "Retired" just doesn't seem to cut it when it comes to Linked In.

F:  And, finally, there is a Margie Staggs who appears on "mugshots.com".  Unfortunately, she was arrested in Tennessee for DUI and an Open Container.  Considering the DUI plus Open Container, she looked pretty good in her mug shot.  Normally, those photos aren't flattering at all...but, perhaps it helps if you're DUI when they're taken. 

G:  Me, Me, Me.  Yes, I did indeed show up on Google, although it took a very long time to get there.  I'm pictured in one photo taken from our Photo Club blog.  Unfortunately, it looks a lot like me and I look a lot like a Photo Club Treasurer who is so anal retentive and serious about her duties, that our financial reports balance to the penny each month.  In other words,  oh just never mind.

See you soon--
Margie    

 

No comments: