Monday, February 20, 2012

PUTTING OFF TURBOTAX

BC is at a friend's house this morning with a bunch of his fishing buddies learning how to make a fishing net.  He will, at some future point in time, have a real fishing net on which he can woodburn his name, the name of his bestest sweetheart, or (I assume) some favorite saying.  This fishing net caper comes immediately on the heels of a weeks-long project that involved making your own fishing rod which, when pencilled out at the end, cost only a huge fraction more than purchasing the same rod.  However, the camaraderie and memories, much like the MasterCard that purchased them, are priceless.

With BC occupied elsewhere,  and since I have no meetings nor appointments this morning, the sudden freedom means I can sit uninterrupted in front of my laptop. I'm pushing my need and promise to attack the 2011 taxes to the back of my mind.   So...what to do?  I know, I can show you a photo of the newest addition to our family:



Isn't he a cute little fellow?  BC has been so taken with our recent hikes and travels around the state that he brought this little guy home from the Botanical Garden.  It's a young saguaro whose needles closely mimic my early morning hairstyles.  We think he's a boy, and he goes by JR.  BC is not always politically correct and so I can't spell out exactly what JR stands for.  He could be two or three years old based on his height, but we really don't know.  He stands up relatively straight but doesn't communicate well at all.  With that, I promise to give you a break from Arizona plant life for awhile. 

Going from the sublime to the ridiculous, here's a peek at the newest item produced by the SCG craftswomen, of which I am not.  However, my friend Kathy makes beautiful things including, much to her sister-in-law's horror, purses made from bras...the bigger the better.  Actually, I think this one is kind of cute, but I've always been a sucker for preppy checks and plaids.  However--when you wake up feeling a bit slutty, this might be the perfect accessory:


I received a new camera for Christmas, but I'm afraid you may not be able to tell quite yet.  I'm attending classes at the SCG Photo Club, but it hasn't all taken.  In the meantime, I wander around the house taking photos of wherever I happen to be and then try my hand at creativity with Picasa. Actually, we purchased Elements 9 with my new laptop, but I'm still afraid of it.  I've been much less anxious since I tucked it away in a drawer.

I agree, it doesn't make sense but I didn't want to waste the sun and shadow.

I like this one, although it's a bit washed out, and I should have moved the TV.  Live and Learn.

I had an older friend who once told me that you should always look (or actually be) busy when your husband walks in the door.  As I glance at my watch, I realize I'd better ensconce myself at the utility room desk, fire up the TurboTax and set about recreating our 2011 financial lives.  Not a job I enjoy, but always a great accomplishment when I finish.

No comments: